Wednesday 11 November 2009

some dibujos of some drawings...

So, I'd had an idea for an art project percolating in my mind for about a month, but my problem is I'm always afraid that if I actually DO the art project it will turn out way less awesome than it was in my head. So what ends up happening is I think about art all the time, and I get awesome ideas for art pieces that I want to do, and I give myself a nice pat on the back because I am so creative and artsy, and then I never actually DO the art project... But I got really excited about this project in my head, so excited that I decided to risk it and actually attempt to make it, even though I'm sure it will evolve and change as it gets made (i.e. I will realize I'm not half as talented as I wish I was and will adjust my expectations accordingly). But anyway, the first step for me when making a Big-Ass Painting (and this is going to be a Big-Ass Painting) is sketching out the basic components of my piece... So glass of wine in hand (okay *bottle* of wine in hand-- that way if my end results end up sucking I'll be so trolleyed I won't care), I decided to spend the evening sketching... and here is the first stage of my project, nothing fancy just some charcoal sketches of what I'm going to incorporate into the painting.

1 comment:

  1. Trolleyed! I want to be that. More slang please! And your drawings are good too....

    ReplyDelete